For outstanding contributions to the local community and state, Louisiana Economic Development (LED) honored NANO as a 2022 Louisiana Growth Leader at the fifth annual Spotlight Louisiana event at the Hilton Baton Rouge Capitol Center. As an Honored Leader, NANO will join an accomplished group of Louisiana businesses under the LED Growth Network.
Louisiana Growth Leaders are selected by a statewide panel of economic development professionals that evaluate applications on a wide variety of criteria including growth, strategy, innovation, philanthropy, leadership, and company culture.
“After graduating with our master’s degrees in architecture at Tulane School of Architecture in 2001, Ian and I started NANO with just $5,000 in the bank and an ambitious vision to create a unique architecture firm distinct from any other architecture firm in New Orleans. We could have never predicted experiencing the growth, exposure and success at the scale that we have.” – Terri Dreyer
The following are the key factors that influenced NANO’s selection:
- Certified Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) and Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE)
- Managing Partner, Terri Dreyer, was President of the AIA New Orleans Chapter in 2020.
- First and only Louisiana firm to be invited to the Venice Biennale Architecture Exhibit; recipient of the ECC Time Space Existence Architecture Award.
- Currently the Architect of Record for the New Orleans Ernest N. Morial Convention Center Interior Renovations – the largest contract amount ever awarded to an SLDBE by the New Orleans Exhibition Hall.
- Noteworthy projects: Frederick Douglass Senior High School Auditorium, Il Mercato, Octavia Books & Toast, GNO Inc. Offices, Festival Productions Offices, 616 Conti, 2513 Metairie Road, Weinstein’s, Southwest Pass Station and more.
“Each of our 2022 Louisiana Growth Leaders have succeeded in bringing great products and services to the marketplace,” Gov. John Bel Edwards said. “The companies being recognized have persevered through challenges, capitalized on opportunities, and represent some of the best of what Louisiana has to offer. I look forward to their continued success.”
More information about the annual LED Growth Leadership Awards can be found here: Louisiana's Entrepreneurial Engine.
“The LED Growth Network has been an invaluable resource for our firm, and we are extremely honored to have been acknowledged for a third consecutive year. LED has provided us with incredible business connections and avenues for firm advancement and growth. We are humbled by this recognition and equally inspired to continue NANO’s commitment to providing high quality, detailed architectural design services.” – Ian Dreyer